Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child Removed From Child Support Roster But Support Continues. How Do I Stop Support?

Q: Child Support for 3 children was $303 per week. Child Support Agency enforces COLA with new payment at $335 weekly, listing only 2 children and omitting one child who has reached Majority age.
PROBLEM: My objection to the COLA was that a downward modification should accompany the emancipated child. The court over-ruled my objection citing that I should have moved for Modification before the COLA was applied. Now I am paying more for 2 children than I did for 3 at the same salary. The implication from the court is that I have forfeited my rights to a downward Modification for the emancipated child. What can I do?

A: David's Answer: How long ago was the decision from the Magistrate? If less than 30 days ago, then you may be able to file an Objection appeal. If more than that, then your only shot now is to file a downward modification petition. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions