Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Will I be able to get retroactive payments if spouse started drawing pension before divorce and dro finalized?

Q: Next month we'll be going before a Judge to finalize divorce. Filed for divorce 2005 but had to request court date to go before judge to get case moving. Can you get DRO drawn up to finalize with judge as we are presenting settlement of agreement to this Judge?

A: David's Answer: The DRO must be consistent with the settlement agreement. So if you want the payments to be retroactive, it must specifically provide for same in the agreement. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment.-- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions