High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Separate property divorce

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: My spouse has exclusive occupancy Of my separate property that I inherited priory to marriage there are 2 young children involve. My lawyer ask me to voluntarily agree to the motion of exclusive occupancy pente lite. He promise me that I will get my separate property back once the divorce was over. So I agreed to the motion out of goodwill and good faith. Now my council has made a motion to be relieved and the judge granted it to him .I’m a pro se now.Spouse works for a law firm. Now spouse and her council wants exclusive occupancy of my separate property until my youngest child turns 18. I have required listings of apartments in and adjourning neighborhood that Spouse would be able to afford with child support and her income. what can I do to get my iinheritance
Inheritance Back

A: David’s Answer: Ultimately if the issue cannot be settled, then you’d need to have a trial on the issue. That said, it’d greatly behoove you to retain an attorney to represent you – “one who represents oneself has a fool for a client.” Call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. — David Bliven, Bronx Divorce attorney (www.blivenlaw.net

FindLaw Network