Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Separate property divorce

Q: My spouse has exclusive occupancy Of my separate property that I inherited priory to marriage there are 2 young children involve. My lawyer ask me to voluntarily agree to the motion of exclusive occupancy pente lite. He promise me that I will get my separate property back once the divorce was over. So I agreed to the motion out of goodwill and good faith. Now my council has made a motion to be relieved and the judge granted it to him .I'm a pro se now.Spouse works for a law firm. Now spouse and her council wants exclusive occupancy of my separate property until my youngest child turns 18. I have required listings of apartments in and adjourning neighborhood that Spouse would be able to afford with child support and her income. what can I do to get my iinheritance
Inheritance Back

A: David's Answer: Ultimately if the issue cannot be settled, then you'd need to have a trial on the issue. That said, it'd greatly behoove you to retain an attorney to represent you - "one who represents oneself has a fool for a client." Call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions