Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My Wife Move Out Of State And File A Petition For Child Support From There.

Q: My wife move out of state and she file a petition against me in the court in that state. i live 15 hours far from that state i can't appear in the court what happens at this situation?

A: David's Answer: Respectfully to other learned counsel, the jurisdictional law for child support does not involve an assessment of where the children have been residing for 6 or more months (that's the law for child custody jurisdiction). If you remained living in NY & she moved to another state, you'll need to consult an attorney there on the jurisdictional question as you may have a basis to file a motion to dismiss. If the case is in NY, then call a Rockland/Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consult.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions