High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My Son Is 17 Yo, Down Sydrome, My Mother & I Have Jt Custody & She Has Final Decision. She Picks Him Up Every Weekend

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: from the Residentia. I have visitation with him on Saturdays & every 5th Saturday overnight. He assaulted me in her home&the police had to be called to get him off of me. I was injured. I went to Family court to modify my visitation, to get full custody as she is not making the right decisions & to file a violation. The judge dismissed my case & told me there is too much & to get a lawyer. She didn’t want to hear my case or assign me an attorney. I need help.

A: David’s Answer: Why did the Judge dismiss the case? What’s your exact basis for a change of custody? Moreover, Family Court only has custody jurisdiction until the age of 18 – regardless of the specials needs of the child. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge