Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My ex has full physical custody of my younger daughter and I now have evidence of child abuse perpetrated against her by my ex

Q: via a series of phone recordings, frantic emails to come pick her up, frantic text messages saying she needs help, my older daughter being thrown against a wall when we came to rescue her, etc. When I brought the case to Supreme Court as an Order to Show Cause for a change of custody due to a substantial change in circumstances: child abuse, it was dismissed / denied with an appearance but no hearing - due to my ex's mob connections. Before you roll your eyes, my ex's father wrote a book about his mob connections, still on My question is, even though the Supreme Court matrimonial part dismissed/denied my OTSC for a change of custody, can I still go to the District Attorney with my evidence of child abuse, since child abuse is a crime?

A: David's Answer: Here's what you should have done: file an appeal. Even if you think your ex "got to the Judge," same is substantially unlikely in the Appellate Court simply because the Judges are assigned to cases in secret & there's no way one can find out the Judges assigned to a particular case until the decision is done. That said, you can certainly report the abuse to CPS and/or the police. You should also schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions