High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

My daughter’s cell is taken away from her when she goes home, thus not having communication with me. Who do I notify about this

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: My daughter lives with her mom and step dad. They decided to giver her a phone for communication purposes and works out great for both me and her mom. But she has revealed to me that her mom takes her phone away from her when she goes home and cant be alone with her cell in the apt, not even in her room. This all makes sense when I try to communicate with my daughter and I get no response until a day or two later. When my daughter is upset or wishes to speak to me, she is denied this because of the removal of the cell. Can I bring this up to my daughter’s lawyer?

A: David’s Answer: You can address it with your daughter’s lawyer, assuming there’s a case pending in court. If there is, you can also ask the Judge for an order directing daily contact at a specific time. If no action pending, file a petition. Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for more info. David Bliven, Bronx Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network