Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

My daughter's cell is taken away from her when she goes home, thus not having communication with me. Who do I notify about this

Q: My daughter lives with her mom and step dad. They decided to giver her a phone for communication purposes and works out great for both me and her mom. But she has revealed to me that her mom takes her phone away from her when she goes home and cant be alone with her cell in the apt, not even in her room. This all makes sense when I try to communicate with my daughter and I get no response until a day or two later. When my daughter is upset or wishes to speak to me, she is denied this because of the removal of the cell. Can I bring this up to my daughter's lawyer?

A: David's Answer: You can address it with your daughter's lawyer, assuming there's a case pending in court. If there is, you can also ask the Judge for an order directing daily contact at a specific time. If no action pending, file a petition. Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for more info. - David Bliven, Bronx Family Law attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions