High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Married To A Woman For 6 Years And Was Divorced. 20 Years Later I’m Retiring. Paper Says She Entitled To 6 Years Retirement

| Jun 9, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I was married for 6 years in which in my divorce papers it states she gets some of my retirement She owes me over 30,000 in child support. Since she won’t sign off her rights for my retirement. How much will she get and also how will that work since she owes me child support. What should I do ?

A: David’s Answer: You’re always free to file a contempt action against her to enforce the arrears. Perhaps it’s best to file it in Supreme & that way if the arrears she owes you & what she may get from your pension is about the same, the Judge can rule that the two cancel each other out. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge