High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I’m still being garnished after a judge ordered it stopped

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: my wages are being garnished because child support enforcement is superseding the judge’s order to cease and desist and are continually attacking my finances by freezing my bank accounts and taking my tax refund

A: David’s Answer: If you have an order from the Family Court which terminated the order of support, then submit same to them along with a Mistake of Fact form (obtained off NYS OCSE website). If they still don’t stop the garnishment, you may need to commence an Article 78 proceeding. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Support attorney for more info. David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network