Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I'm still being garnished after a judge ordered it stopped

Q: my wages are being garnished because child support enforcement is superseding the judge's order to cease and desist and are continually attacking my finances by freezing my bank accounts and taking my tax refund

A: David's Answer: If you have an order from the Family Court which terminated the order of support, then submit same to them along with a Mistake of Fact form (obtained off NYS OCSE website). If they still don't stop the garnishment, you may need to commence an Article 78 proceeding. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Child Support attorney for more info. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions