Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I am currently having an issue with my child support. I was laid off in 2013 from my full time job and am was collecting

Q: unemployment. I am now a full time student and have no income coming in. Child support has frozen my bank account and has deducted all the arrear child support and has thrown my account into a negative status. What can I do to get this rectified?

A: David's Answer: You would need to file a downward modification petition in Family Court. You will have the burden of proving you lost your job thru no fault of your own, as well as proving you've made a diligent search for work commensurate with your prior earnings. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.- David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions