High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I am currently having an issue with my child support. I was laid off in 2013 from my full time job and am was collecting

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: unemployment. I am now a full time student and have no income coming in. Child support has frozen my bank account and has deducted all the arrear child support and has thrown my account into a negative status. What can I do to get this rectified?

A: David’s Answer: You would need to file a downward modification petition in Family Court. You will have the burden of proving you lost your job thru no fault of your own, as well as proving you’ve made a diligent search for work commensurate with your prior earnings. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Child Support attorney for more info.David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network