High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How To Respond To A Proposed Visitation And Custody Order When You Are Pro Se

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: My ex (who has hired an attorney) and I along with our son’s law guardian, agreed in court the modified visitation and custody scheduled I filed. We both received the updated proposal that the the law guardian prepared and submitted to the court based on the agreement made in court. My ex’s lawyer is now disputing one of the clauses and would like it removed. My ex’s lawyer did not dispute it in court. I am going to send a letter to the judge as well noting that we all agreed on the clause. Is there any other action I should take or file? Thank you.

A: David’s Answer: I’d advise against writing the Judge a letter under these circumstances. Instead, I’d advise to either propose an alternative, or state you’re not agreeing to their proposal. If this means the settlement doesn’t get signed, then it means more litigation in court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network