Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How To Respond To A Proposed Visitation And Custody Order When You Are Pro Se

Q: My ex (who has hired an attorney) and I along with our son's law guardian, agreed in court the modified visitation and custody scheduled I filed. We both received the updated proposal that the the law guardian prepared and submitted to the court based on the agreement made in court. My ex's lawyer is now disputing one of the clauses and would like it removed. My ex's lawyer did not dispute it in court. I am going to send a letter to the judge as well noting that we all agreed on the clause. Is there any other action I should take or file? Thank you.

A: David's Answer: I'd advise against writing the Judge a letter under these circumstances. Instead, I'd advise to either propose an alternative, or state you're not agreeing to their proposal. If this means the settlement doesn't get signed, then it means more litigation in court. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions