Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How likely is the court to give minimal or supervised visitation?

Q: I am separated from my wife (no legal docs in place) she is filing for full custody. About 18mo-2yrs ago, I had an injury which led to a period of Rx pain med abuse by me. Ive admitted to this, but I have no sort of arrest record, inpatient treatment, etc. Essentially when we separated I stopped taking them and havent looked back. My wife told me she will try to get minimal visitation from me or at least supervised. I am an upstanding member of my community, I have a great job on Wall Street, Im involved with my son's school, etc. additionally Ive taken at least a dozen drug tests to give my wife peace of mind (all clean) I realize that I made a mistake, I am just trying to manage my own expectations once this all plays out in court.

A: David's Answer: If that's the only basis for restricted visitation & you can present the clean tests to the Judge, it seems unlikely your visits would be restricted. You may wish to additionally go for a drug abuse assessment & present that report as well. Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions