Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do I vacate or defend myself from a family court order of protection and a criminal court order of protection>?

Q: I live out of state and had a short relationship with a female in NYC. (We hooked up a few times, no kids, never lived together). When I broke it off she threatened to make my life miserable and she is doing a great job.

I received an NYC family court order of protection in April. The Order was delivered to me by a cop in my homecity in Penn. A few weeks later I got a call from NYPD stating that I called and threatened the person and that there was a warrant for contempt for violating the order. I volunteered to turn myself yesterday.

I now have court dates for the family court and criminal court cases on different dates this week. I live 8 hours away!! What can I do? What if person makes up story again? arrested for contempt again?>

A: David's Answer: You can retain an attorney for the cases, or appear in court & ask the Judge to assign you an attorney if you financially qualify. Depending on the nature of the allegations, you may be able to file a pre-trial motion to dismiss. Call a NYC Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions