High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How Do I Get My Ex-wife To Contribute Her 1/2 Of Our Boys’ Medical Expenses As Well As Their College Funding?

| Jun 4, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: We have a divorce agreement that stipulates her responsibilities (see above). For 18 years I had medical coverage deducted from my bi-monthly paychecks She has never paid a dime in all that time. Also, the $40,000 dollars contributed to my sons’ 529 college plans are also totally funded by me. She is now claiming her 50% of my teacher’s pension (as is her right) leaving me in dire straits, financially. What are my options?

A: David’s Answer: Send her a default notice letter, per the (anticipated) provisions of your agreement (usually sent via certified mail, return receipt). Include copies of any bills she owes money on, and state in your cover letter what her share is. If she doesn’t pay within 30 days, file a contempt motion & ask for interest retroactive to the date of the bills as well as counsel fees. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge