Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How Do I Get My Ex-wife To Contribute Her 1/2 Of Our Boys' Medical Expenses As Well As Their College Funding?

Q: We have a divorce agreement that stipulates her responsibilities (see above). For 18 years I had medical coverage deducted from my bi-monthly paychecks She has never paid a dime in all that time. Also, the $40,000 dollars contributed to my sons' 529 college plans are also totally funded by me. She is now claiming her 50% of my teacher's pension (as is her right) leaving me in dire straits, financially. What are my options?

A: David's Answer: Send her a default notice letter, per the (anticipated) provisions of your agreement (usually sent via certified mail, return receipt). Include copies of any bills she owes money on, and state in your cover letter what her share is. If she doesn't pay within 30 days, file a contempt motion & ask for interest retroactive to the date of the bills as well as counsel fees. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions