High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

How can I obtain custody of my child and have him reside with me?

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: My sons mother collects child support but lives in govt assisted housing, my son is educationally neglected and malnourished among other things. I have a home where he has his own room but he has to share a bed w/ his grandma where he currently resides. He is socially awkward and is always being bullied and is told by his mother to accept it because it will happen wherever he goes to school. i am concerned for his health, well-being and overall development. He is told to lie to me and that everything I do is wrong. I pick him up every other weekend faithfully for the last 12 yrs but I can no longer stand by and watch him develop into the introverted, out of shape, constantly over medicated teen he has become.

A: David’s Answer: If he’s a teen, his preferences will go a long way towards determining where he’ll reside. Thus, the short answer is to file a modification petition & to have a full assessment done by an attorney. Call a Bronx Family Law attorney to schedule a consult.

FindLaw Network