Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Divorce Degree Partially Ignored

Q: Even though our divorce was finalized about a year ago, my ex-spouse had not adhered to it and still owes me items (artwork). Do I file and Order to Show Cause on my own?

A: David's Answer: Assuming what your ex-spouse owes you was specifically mentioned in the agreement and/or judgment, then you should first send him/her a default notice letter (via certified mail) demanding compliance. If s/he still doesn't comply, then yes, you should file an order to show cause for enforcement. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for more info. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions