Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Child support - change when there is shared custody

Q: My ex and I recently decided to share visitation and legal custody. I was paying my ex support but now with this change in custody, could my payments be lowered? I also just recently learned my ex makes more money than I do now.

A: David's Answer: Yes, if your custody has now changed, you can petition for support to be adjusted accordingly. The Court is very unlikely to completely eliminate support, but it would most likely be significantly less if you now have the child 50% of the time. Schedule a consult with a Westchester Child Support attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions