Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can my portion of child suppt be raised if I earned $10,000 more last year due to getting severance $ & starting a new job?

Q: I am the custodial parent & realistically now that I started the new job, I am really back to my former salary and do not earn the extra $10,00 that I got as severance and is shown on my 2014 return. I don't think It would be fair to have support based on something I am not earning.

A: David's Answer: If you are the custodial parent then you aren't the one paying support. Thus, generally your income would only come into play if combined parental income significantly exceeds the statutory cap of $141,000. Call a Westchester Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for more info. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Support attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions