High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Can I use a public defender in a child support case in NYS?

| Jun 12, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: father is lowering support order. He is not claiming the money he is making off the books. His business is being investigated by the IRS for laundering money.

A: David’s Answer: You can if either Legal Aid or Legal Services will accept your case. They accept very few cases. You would otherwise need to retain a lawyer or represent yourself. Call a Dutchess/Westchester attorney for more info. David Bliven, Westchester Family Law attorney (www.blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge