Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I Claim Emancipation And Have Child Support Terminated?

Q: My daughter is 20, with child, and engaged to be married. She dropped out of high school and got her GED. She is not attending school nor does she work! Her mailing address is with her mother but she rarely stays there.

A: David's Answer: You may file for emancipation, but it's a harder case to prove than you'd think. Merely being engaged doesn't equate with emancipation - you'd need to show she's self-supporting. Schedule a consult with a Dutchess/Westchester Family Law attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3174 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions