Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Adultery in a marriage

Q: Hi I have this situation where I need proof that my wife is in another relationship so my divorce can be approved. The problem is I haven't seen her in over 10 years. I have an idea of where she is with an address. What's the best way to find out if she divorced me already or if she lives with someone else? Can a lawyer help with this background information. I just need some direction. If there is a site online that I can use which is the most accurate because ive been ripped off by a couple.

A: David's Answer: You don't need to prove adultery as NY is a "no fault" state. Additionally, I wouldn't suggest hiring a lawyer to check whether she's filed for divorce - it's probably better to just hire a P.I. & have him/her start out by going to the courthouse in the county where she resides (or resided at the time) & checking with the clerk's office. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for more info. -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions