High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What Can I Do Ti Get Permission To Take My Son Out If The Coutry For A Month With Out Gis Approval.

| May 1, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: The father of my kids was never really involved in there life. he picks them up maybe every other week or other two weeks. he never call during the week. after he picks drop them off i barely hear fron him. he started paying child support after four years. i even asked him if it was important for a child to have a father figure he said no. when the kids go over is all fun times for them. i want to take them out of the country back to my hometown in dominican republic for 1 month during vacation time from school. he says no. but he doesnt help me with child care. i have no one else to watch them. his mother is alway covering for him .she does help me sometime but i feel she brain watches them . because they always want to go back with her. i want full custody of my children but he has a really good job. he is a exectuve chef has a degree. on paper he looks good career wise. i dont know if they give it to me.

A: David’s Answer: If the father is only sporadically involved with the children, then you’re a good candidate for sole custody. The mere fact that he makes good money would be a muted issue given that he must presumptively pay 25% of his adjusted gross income (not including costs of childcare, etc.) to you in child support. You should proceed to file custody & child support petitions in the Family Court. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network