Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What Are His Options? Should He Petition To Be Able To Take Her On The Vacation? How Quickly Can Things Like This Be Decided?

Q: My boyfriend has supervised visitation with his daughter(the courts did this just to get the mother to stop with her complaints) His mother is the supervisor. He is filing for regular unsupervised visitation, and later when he has his own place within the next 1-2 years, filing for custody. The maternal grandmother has custody of his daughter. We are planning a vacation to DisneyWorld with my family for the end of August. He has asked the custodian if we would be able to take her on this trip. She will not agree until she finds out if it is ok from the mother(who does not have custody, and has supervised visitation herself). We are approaching the vacation quickly and the mother will not return his phone calls.

A: David's Answer: Ultimately, if the court has determined he's to have supervised visitation, it would be the Judge's call. Thus, if you cannot gain the consent of the grandmother and/or mother, then file a motion before the Judge & ask for the Judge's permission. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions