Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

If a custodial parent no longer wants child support from the non-custodial parent does the court have to vacate the C.S. order?

Q: This is in the case where the custodial parent is not receiving any financial assistance from the government whatsoever.

A: David's Answer: Yes - either party may file a petition to terminate the support order. If the non-custodial parent just stops paying, even by agreement, then SCU could act to seize their bank accounts or assets or suspend their license. Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions