High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

If a custodial parent no longer wants child support from the non-custodial parent does the court have to vacate the C.S. order?

| May 9, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: This is in the case where the custodial parent is not receiving any financial assistance from the government whatsoever.

A: David’s Answer: Yes – either party may file a petition to terminate the support order. If the non-custodial parent just stops paying, even by agreement, then SCU could act to seize their bank accounts or assets or suspend their license. Schedule a consult with a NYC Family Law attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network