Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I Want To Know If A Judge Grants Custody Of A Child To A Parent,and The Other Parent Doesnt Abide How To Seek Justice?

Q: I have been in a 5 year custody court case. I have done nothing to my Daughter. I asked the Paternal Grandmother to help me, and take care of my Daughther temporary. The Paternal Grandmother decided that she wanted to keep my daughter permanently. In January of 2015 the judge from the Idv Court granted me custody of my Daughther but the police did not act on the order because there was no place or other specific details listed on it. The other parent then Appealed the judges decison and I was informed by the Family Court that my daughter was not suppose to stay in the care of the other parent while the appeal was pending. So from the time that the order was issued until the appeal was received my daughther was in care of the other parent. I' am not getting any justice in the Court. I' am in need of getting my Daughter back into my custody.

A: David's Answer:You should follow-up an file a petition for a writ of habeas corpus - this would be a specific court order instructing the police to assist you with a return of the child to your custody. Do not let this situation persist, or otherwise the Judge may think you don't necessarily care about getting custody. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
445 Hamilton Avenue
Suite 607
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions