High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

I Want To Know If A Judge Grants Custody Of A Child To A Parent,and The Other Parent Doesnt Abide How To Seek Justice?

| May 1, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I have been in a 5 year custody court case. I have done nothing to my Daughter. I asked the Paternal Grandmother to help me, and take care of my Daughther temporary. The Paternal Grandmother decided that she wanted to keep my daughter permanently. In January of 2015 the judge from the Idv Court granted me custody of my Daughther but the police did not act on the order because there was no place or other specific details listed on it. The other parent then Appealed the judges decison and I was informed by the Family Court that my daughter was not suppose to stay in the care of the other parent while the appeal was pending. So from the time that the order was issued until the appeal was received my daughther was in care of the other parent. I’ am not getting any justice in the Court. I’ am in need of getting my Daughter back into my custody.

A: David’s Answer:You should follow-up an file a petition for a writ of habeas corpus – this would be a specific court order instructing the police to assist you with a return of the child to your custody. Do not let this situation persist, or otherwise the Judge may think you don’t necessarily care about getting custody. Call a Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge