Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

I just received a judgement of divorce signed by a Special Referee. Can I appeal it to correct the accounting mistakes?

Q:  I had a financial trial with a special referee hear and determine. The judgment of divorce has many accounting mistakes regarding equitable distribution of assets. The judge double counted many things. Can I appeal it to correct the typos or is there a quickest way? The judge doesn't want to hear about it.

A:  David's Answer:   You can file a motion to renew/reargue and/or an appeal. However, if you just file the motion, then you may not be able to challenge the case on appeal (other than appealing the denial of the motion, which would be a very limited appeal). For a full assessment, schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney.  -- David Bliven, Bronx Divorce attorney (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions