Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How do I sue Bronx Family Court?

Q: I was recently diagnosed with Tourette's Syndrome by Family Court. The children's father is a long time crack dealer who mentally, physically, and emotionally abused me for 15 years at the end of which I was sent to the psych ward and forced to leave the home. The father admitted to homeschooling the children for only three hours a day on the computer and says he supported our family of four for 11 years in 8 residents strictly through an unverified $64,000 received in lump sum. I have a stack of evidence that nobody would look at. The only evidence that was accepted was the father's testimony. He was awarded full custody and I get no visitation because they say I need help for my Tourette's Syndrome which I do not have. I am currently seeking psychiatric help for trauma.

A: David's Answer: First, you cannot sue a court - you can only appeal if you disagree with the Court's ruling. Second, if the court-appointed psychologist diagnosed you with a certain condition, and you disagreed with that diagnosis, your obligation was to get a 2d opinion & then present that 2d psychologist to the court for testimony at trial. Schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions