Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Drawing up a DRO

Q: I've been divorced since 2011. March of this year, I settled in court for maitnenance payments. which was an order in court decree. My attorney has not drawn up the paperwork yet, and the only reson I know is beacause after calling him numberous times and he not responding to me Ieft me no choice but to call the court clerk, and they are waiting on him to prepare the DRO so they can commense and send docs to the NYS Retirement plan. Is there any legal way I can speak with someone in the courts about this situation. Lost for words. Desperately need help in this matter. Thank you.

A: David's Answer: Your old lawyer is most likely treating this as a post-judgment application, which would require a new retainer. The lawyer is also not obligated to accept the new retainer. That said, you generally don't need a lawyer to have a QDRO drafted - use a service instead. The one I use most frequently is Lexington Pension Appraisal (you can google them). Call a NYC Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions