Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What Are My Options? Has My Husband Kidnapped Our Child And Isn't This An Offense Since There's No Date To Return My Child.

Q: Father has taken our child without me knowing of the whereabouts and I have not spoken to our child, and he won't tell me where they are. He said he wasn't bringing back our son. My child hasn't been in school since he took him. What options do I have? I've tried filing a missing report but I was told to wait until contacted.

A: David's Answer: First, call the police. If the child was living primarily with you, then this is a crime of "custodial interference." Second, file an emergency order to show cause & "writ of habeas corpus" in Family Court. Ask that the police assist in the service of the paperwork. If you don't know of his whereabouts, you may also call the FBI (who handle kidnapping cases) as well as hire your own private investigator to assist with the search. Call an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney to schedule a consult.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions