Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How Do I Stop A No-contest Divorce Action? Is It A Form I Have To File With The Courts? I Only Have A Week Left.

Q: I was served with divorce papers in which my husband wants it to be uncontested. I will possibly grant the divorce but I do not agree to the terms. I know its probable that I will hire an attorney soon but for now I just want to stop or stay this divorce action so that it doesn't default to him, and he get everything. I've done some research but I have not been able to get a specific answer of how to take this first step and, time being of the essence, I'm getting stressed. All we have is some investments and a dwelling and we don't make much, we live very simply. No retirement accounts or insurances or anything else and we are both pretty much retired. Thank you in advance, for your help.

A: David's Answer: You would need to draft & file an Answer to his complaint, as well as file same with the clerk's office along with an affidavit of service. It may make better sense to hire the attorney sooner rather than later, as the attorney can handle this for you. Call a Dutchess/Westchester Divorce attorney to schedule a consult.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions