Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

How Do I Serve Papers For Child Support Hearing When I Don't Know The Respondent's Location?

Q: I live in NY and have a Child Support order with my ex. I recently filed a petition for modification but have not seen nor heard from my ex in over 8years. I spoke with the Family Court prior to filing the modification and they had told me that all I needed to do was put his address as "Unknown/On File with Support Collection Unit" and that they would have them served to him. Apparently this is incorrect and now I have to get him served. How do I serve someone when I don't have contact information for him? The support collection unit has his location but won't share the information.

A: David's Answer: Have the Magistrate sign a subpoena to SCU requiring them to turn over the information. Otherwise, you may need to hire a P.I. Call an Orange/Westchester Child Support attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions