Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Can I Appeal The Decision And Re-file For The Annulment

Q: I was not served with my divorce judgement I had to pay the county clerk to obtain a copy. Within it it states the divorce was granted under default which no court date was given to me for me to even show up. I made all court appearances and was under the impression that the divorce was dismissed based off of the letter I received in January 2016 but now March 2016 I was told I was divorced and paid for the papers. My annulment was pending in another county when this all happened and was dismissed when the other judge spoke to my judge but I was not given any paperwork other than what I paid for.

A: David's Answer: You cannot appeal a judgment made on your default. You must file a motion to vacate your default, in which you must set forth a reasonable excuse for your default as well as a meritorious defense to the action. Schedule a consult with a White Plains Family Law attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions