Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Who's Responsibility Is It To Submit A Qdro After A Divorce?

Q: I have been divorced over a year. I have a QDRO signed by the judge and entered with the court giving my ex a share of my 457 account. My ex and her attorney have not submitted the QDRO to my 457 plan yet. Am I responsible to submit the 457 to my plan? The QDRO in regards to my pension was submitted by her lawyer, and vice versa with my lawyer in regards to her pension, but nothing with my 457. Who's responsible to submit the QDRO to my 457 plan?

A: David's Answer: You may wish to double-check the language in your settlement agreement and/or the judgment for this directive. Usually, you are required to give her a specified amount or percentage & the QDRO is just an execution device to accomplish you giving her the share of the 457. Schedule a consult with a Rockland/Westchester Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions