High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Should the courts convert my gross to the U.S $ to make adjustments? why are they using my income when I have custody?

| Mar 24, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I am the custodial father residing in Canada. My case is in new York. the non custodial mother resides in ny. she makes 25,000 more then me. On the itemization of income and deductions, they added my gross as well My annual gross income is in…

A: David’s Answer: It seems proper for the Magistrate to have converted your income to U.S. Dollars, since that’s the only way to properly run the calculations required by statute (which requires a comparison of your income versus the mother’s). As for how the Court arrived at the numbers it did, you’re best advised to schedule a consult with a Bronx Family Law attorney.

http://Bronx-family-law-attorney.blivenlaw.net/?p=1978&preview=trueBronx Family Law attorney 

FindLaw Network