High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Do I Have To Get Health Insurance For My Child Through My Job?

| Mar 31, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I am court ordered to provide health insurance for my child. My employer got served with a notice that I have to get insurance for him. Being as my employer’s health insurance is way too expensive I enrolled in insurance for myself through another company and enrolled my child through child health plus. Is this ok?

A: David’s Answer: It depends on precisely what the order states. if the order specifically states “insurance through your employer,” then you must take that (unless it says “or equivalent”). If it is the more restrictive order, you may need to file a petition to modify same. Call an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for more info.

FindLaw Network