Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Do I Have To Get Health Insurance For My Child Through My Job?

Q: I am court ordered to provide health insurance for my child. My employer got served with a notice that I have to get insurance for him. Being as my employer's health insurance is way too expensive I enrolled in insurance for myself through another company and enrolled my child through child health plus. Is this ok?

A: David's Answer: It depends on precisely what the order states. if the order specifically states "insurance through your employer," then you must take that (unless it says "or equivalent"). If it is the more restrictive order, you may need to file a petition to modify same. Call an Orange/Westchester Family Law attorney for more info.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions