Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Why I have to divide my own properties?

Q: We got married overseas, now we live in the US, my wife is American and I enter to the US based on that marriage, nothing about property division in my marriage contract, now we want to divorce in new York.

A: David's Answer: Pursuant to NY law, it doesn't matter where in the world you get married, what matters is whether NY has jurisdiction over each of the parties to process the divorce. Thus, any property either of you accrued or materially improved during the marriage, the other may get a share of. Schedule a consult with a NYC Divorce attorney for a full assessment.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions