Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

What are my rights? can I decline to answer questions (i.e. do you take antidepressants?) Thanks

Q: I live with my boyfriend. he is in the middle of a custody dispute over his 6 year old son. The court has ordered that I be evaluated as part of the custody evaluation.

A: David's Answer: While you do have a right to decline to participate, your refusal may hurt your boyfriend in his case. Generally, forensic evaluators seek to interview "collateral sources" and non-participation may result in an adverse inference against a party who would be expected to produce that witness. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody Attorney,(

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions