High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

What are my rights? can I decline to answer questions (i.e. do you take antidepressants?) Thanks

| Feb 19, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I live with my boyfriend. he is in the middle of a custody dispute over his 6 year old son. The court has ordered that I be evaluated as part of the custody evaluation.

A: David’s Answer: While you do have a right to decline to participate, your refusal may hurt your boyfriend in his case. Generally, forensic evaluators seek to interview “collateral sources” and non-participation may result in an adverse inference against a party who would be expected to produce that witness. Schedule a consult with an Orange/Westchester Child Custody attorney for a full assessment. – David Bliven, Westchester Child Custody Attorney,(www.Blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network
David Bliven Badge