Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

my question is, is the recording I have enough to charge him with adultery, and If so, is he still entitled to half of my asset

Q: My husband who I've been married to for 13 years and have a child with was unfaithful to me on numerous occasions. I recorded him admitting to his numerous affairs, he even told me that I could record him. I have a home which I purchased before I met him, but I did put him on the deed when we refinanced the house, I'm a NYPD Police Officer and am concerned about him getting half of my pension. He owns a heating business but spends most of the earnings. He doesn't want a divorce, wants to work things out, even volunteered to put in writing all his indiscretions and is willing to give up his rights to my assets if in the future I catch him cheating again. Would a notarized letter from him stating this be enough to keep him from getting my assets.

A: David's Answer: Adultery is still a crime, but rarely prosecuted. If he's already willing to agree to a settlement, then getting him arrested may change his mindset. Perhaps better to actually retain counsel to draft the agreement. Call a Westchester Divorce attorney to schedule a consult for a full assessment. - David Bliven, Westchester Divorce Attorney.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions