High Net Worth Divorce
Protection For Your Children
Domestic Abuse

Isn’t this violating my restraining order?

| Feb 19, 2016 | Uncategorized

Q: I have a restraining or against my husbands ex and she won’t stop harassing. My husband has kids with her so She filed a motion in family court to get to put him in jail unless he gives her our new address. Her sister sent me a friend request on Facebook a few hours ago.

A: David’s Answer: Merely filing court process isn’t necessarily “harassment.” If it’ frivolous, you can move for sanctions and/or counsel fees. Unless third-party contact is barred, most likely the sister sending a friend request isn’t a violation either. Call a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for more info. – David Bliven, Bronx Domestic Violence Attorney, (www.Blivenlaw.net)

FindLaw Network