Call 914-368-7580 now to schedule a 20-minute Case Assessment or full 50-minute Case Strategy Consultation!
Call Today 914-368-7580

Isn't this violating my restraining order?

Q: I have a restraining or against my husbands ex and she won't stop harassing. My husband has kids with her so She filed a motion in family court to get to put him in jail unless he gives her our new address. Her sister sent me a friend request on Facebook a few hours ago.

A: David's Answer: Merely filing court process isn't necessarily "harassment." If it' frivolous, you can move for sanctions and/or counsel fees. Unless third-party contact is barred, most likely the sister sending a friend request isn't a violation either. Call a Bronx Domestic Violence attorney for more info. - David Bliven, Bronx Domestic Violence Attorney, (

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Get Legal Guidance To Support Your Future

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Law Offices Of David Bliven

White Plains Office
19 Court Street
Suite 206
White Plains, NY 10601

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions

Bronx Office
3190 Riverdale Avenue
Suite 1
Bronx, NY 10463

Phone: 914-368-7580
Fax: 914-206-3687
Map & Directions